Application Note : Watchdog Timers (WDT)
Watchdog Timer (WDT) is an IC to monitor the proper functioning of the system with reference to detecting a timer reset by an input clock within a set monitoring period of timer.
If not being input a clock signal within the period by the system's abnormal operating, the reset signal is output. And, the WDT can detect a abnormal reduction of the supply voltage with high accuracy.
- *1 The MR pin is implemented only on the R5107.
- *2 The function of the CD pin is integrated with CTW pin and named the CT pin on the R5106.
- *3 CD is the capacitor for setting the VD output delay time.
- *4 The function of the CTW pin is integrated with CD pin and named the CT pin on the R5106.
- *5 CTW is the capacitor for setting the WDT monitoring time.
- *6 The SENSE pin is implemented only on the R5108.