- USB Switch
- Rectifier Switch
- Load Switch
- Battery Line Switch
- Intelligent Power Switch
- External Power Switch/ OVP Switch
- PC Card & Express Card Power Switch
There are two main roles of USB. Recently, USB switch IC is used as aload switch with protections."
- 1. USB Power Line's ON/OFF Control
By the enable signal from another device such as a USB Host Controller, the USB switch turn on the USB power line with suppressing inrush current with soft-start function.
On the contrary, by the disable signal, the USB switch cut off the power line with or without auto-discharge function (Option).
- 2. USB Power Line Protection
There is protection capability against the abnormal heating in the USB switch, and if preset over-current is detected, output current is limited or power is cut off and latched for protection.
- *1FLG pin has N-channel open drain output, therefore pull-up resistance is necessary when it is used. The output of FLG pin becomes "L" when the thermal shutdown or over-current limit-function works.
- *2According to the USB standard,120µF or more capacitor attachment is recommended, however, as an IC, changing capacitor is acceptable considering other usage.
USB Switch Lineup
|R5520H||100mΩ||20µA||4.0V to 5.5V||2.2V||－||1.2A||500mA||750mA||Pch||H/L||Constant current||Thermal|
|R5523N||130mΩ||20µA||2.2V to 5.5V||1.8V||－||1A||500mA||750mA||Pch||H/L||Constant current||Thermal|
|100mΩ||110µA||2.7V to 5.5V||2.4V||650mA||800mA||550mA||650mA||Nch||H||Latch-off type/
Reverse : OFF
Discharge : xxxA