1 A LDO Regulator (Operating Voltage up to 24 V) for Automotive Applications
The R1501x is a CMOS-based positive voltage regulator (VR) IC specifically designed for automotive applications. The R1501xxxxB has features of high input voltage operating, 1 A output current drive, and low supply current.
A DMOS transistor*1 is used for the driver, high voltage operating and low on resistance (0.6 Ω at VOUT = 10 V) device is realized. A standard regulator circuit with a current limit circuit and a thermal shutdown circuit are built in this IC.
As the operating temperature range is from −40°C to 105°C and maximum input voltage is up to 24 V, this IC is suitable for the constant voltage source for car accessories.
The regulator output voltage is fixed in this IC. Output voltage accuracy is ±2.0% and output voltage range is from 3.0 V to 12.0 V with a step of 0.1 V, and from 12.5 V to 18.0 V with a step of 0.5 V. The chip enable pin realizes ultra low supply current standby mode.
The packages for this IC are the HSOP-6J for high density mounting of the IC on boards, and the TO-252-5-P2 for high wattage.
- *1The DMOS (Double Diffused MOS) transistor adopted by this IC is characterized by a double diffusion structure which comprises a low density n-type (channel) diffused layer and a high density p-type (sources) diffused layer from the edge of the gate electrode. This IC possesses outstanding properties of high operating voltage and low on-resistance, which have been achieved by the channel length scaled down to submicron dimensions and decreased thickness of the gate oxide film.
|Supply Current (ISS)||Typ. 70 µA|
|Standby Current (Istandby)||Typ. 0.1 µA|
|Output Current (IOUT)||Min. 1 A|
|Input Voltage Range (VIN)||3.0 V to 24.0 V|
|Ripple Rejection (RR)||Typ. 60 dB (VSET = 5.0 V)|
|Output Voltage Range (VOUT)||3.0 V to 12.0 V (0.1 V steps)
12.5 V to 18.0 V (0.5 V steps)
|Output Voltage Accuracy||±2%|
|Temperature-Drift Coefficient of Output Voltage||Typ. ±100 ppm/°C|
|Line Regulation||Typ. 0.05%/V|
|Operating Temperature range||−40°C to 105°C|
|Built-in Current Limit Circuit|
|Built-in Fold-Back Circuit|
|Built-in Thermal Shutdown Circuit|
- ・Power source for car accessories including car audio equipment, car navigation system, and ETC system.
- ・Power source for control units including EV inverter and charge control.
|Data Sheet||Package||Quality Assurance Data||Suffix||Composition & Content*1|
|HSOP-6J||-AE||Sn (Sn: 100%)|
|TO-252-5-P2||Contact us*2||-JE||Sn (Sn: 100%)|
- *1The composition of the product cannot be specified.
- *2The reliability information is not listed for devices above rank2. Please contact Ricoh sales representatives for further informations.