500mA LDO Regulator (Operating Voltage up to 24V) for Automotive Applications
The R1500x is a positive voltage regulator (VR) IC developed with CMOS process technology. The R1500xxxxB has features of high input voltage operating, 500mA output current drive, and low supply current.
A DMOS transistor is used for the driver, high voltage operating and low on resistance (0.6Ω at VSET = 10V) device is realized. A standard regulator circuit with a current limit circuit and a thermal shutdown circuit are built in the R1500x.
As the operating temperature range is from −40°C to 105°C and maximum input voltage is up to 24V, the R1500x is suitable for the constant voltage source for car accessories.
The regulator output voltage is fixed in the R1500x. Output voltage accuracy is ±2.0% and output voltage range is from 3.0V to 12.0V with a step of 0.1V. The chip enable pin realizes ultra low supply current standby mode.
The R1500x is offered in a 5-pin SOT-89-5 package which can achieve the smallest possible footprint solution on boards where area is limited.
- *)The DMOS (Double Diffused MOS) transistor adopted by R1500x is characterized by a double diffusion structure which comprises a low density n-type (channel) diffused layer and a high density p-type (sources) diffused layer from the edge of the gate electrode. The R1500x series possess outstanding properties of high operating voltage and low on-resistance, which have been achieved by the channel length scaled down to submicron dimensions and decreased thickness of the gate oxide film.
|Input Voltage Range (Maximum Rating)||4.0V to 24.0V (36V)|
|Operating Temperature range||-40°C to 105°C|
|Supply Current||Typ. 70µA|
|Standby Current||Typ. 0.1μA|
|Ripple Rejection||Typ. 60dB (VSET=5.0V)|
|Temperature-Drift Coefficient of Output Voltage||Typ. ±100ppm/°C|
|Output Current||Min. 500mA (VIN=VSET+1V)|
|Line Regulation||Typ. 0.05%/V|
|Output Voltage Accuracy||±2%|
|Output Voltage||3.0V to 12.0V (0.1V steps)|
|Built-in Current Limit Circuit||TYP. 65mA|
|Built-in Fold-Back Circuit|
|Built-in Thermal Shutdown Circuit|
- ・Power source for accessories such as car audios, car navigation systems, and ETC systems
- ・Power source for ECUs such as EV inverter and battery charge control unit
|Data Sheet||Package||Quality Assurance Data||Suffix||Composition & Content*1|
|SOT-89-5||Contact us*2||-JE||Sn (Sn: 100%)|
- *1The composition of the product cannot be specified.
- *2The reliability information is not listed for devices above rank2. Please contact Ricoh sales representatives for further informations.